In Hollywood they are called stylists. They are fashion professionals who help celebrities shine by outfitting them in the right clothes and accessories. In the world of home buying and selling, real estate professionals fill the same role, but in this case the “star” is your home.
Staging is an important part of the home sale process. Staging is presenting your home in its best and most appealing light to the majority of buyers. In the end, it may even lead to less time on the market and a better sales price. Here are five things you can do to stage your home for sale.
1. De-clutter and de-personalize: Remove all clutter and reduce the number of personal pictures and mementos. You do not have to purge everything, but packing away items at a friend’s house or in storage might be a good idea.
2. Go for an updated look: If you have well-worn, wall-to-wall carpet, rip it up and replace it. If your kitchen cabinets are dated, spruce them up with new paint. Making your home look its best may take some money and some elbow grease.
3. Create a warm and cozy environment: You want your home to have a welcoming feel. Rearrange seating to create conversation areas. You want buyers to want to stay and relax.
4. Lighten up: Use table lamps to create a warm glow and mirrors to reflect the light around the room. Open up blinds and shades to let the sunshine in. A fresh coat of paint in an inviting, neutral tone will play up the sense of light and warmth.
5. Use accessories: Accent pillows, throw blankets, fresh cut flowers, bowls of polished fruit and artfully arranged books, can help you complete the sophisticated and inviting scene. Remember, you want buyers to imagine themselves living in this setting.
Nathan Fitts & Team are your greatest resource when it comes to preparing your home for sale. Work with them to create the home of your buyer’s dreams.